Queensland Koala Volunteers
Email Contact Nick Quigley OAM and in the email subject put CQ KOALA
CQ Koala Volunteers seek the conservation of the koala and other tree living mammals in Central Queensland by -
• Supporting research into koalas, other arboreal mammals and their habitat through (a) providing volunteer support to research projects, and (b) assisting in the raising of funds for research and the volunteer teams;
• Developing public awareness of the needs of koalas, tree living mammals and their habitat requirements generally;
• Fostering community support for koalas and tree living mammals generally;
• Encouraging and assisting with the development of habitat rehabilitation projects where necessary through the region;
• Supporting the rehabilitation and release of sick, injured or displaced koalas and tree living mammals.
The Central Queensland Koala Volunteers are not about stopping development. They seek to encourage planned development, which allows for the co-existence of koalas and other tree living mammals with human activity.
Funds are used to buy equipment for the researchers, to fund volunteer field teams and provide limited support for animal carers. Donations may also be made to the Koala Research Centre of Central Queensland and are tax deductible.
in the email subject put CQ KOALA